This Bridges activity & project also includes:
Spanning across time—well, maybe not time. Using simple materials, teams design, draw, and then construct a bridge. Teams build the strongest, safest, and most economical bridge using the materials from the supply price list. Each team member should create a design before deciding as a group which one to build. Teams then test the strength of their designs by determine the amount of weight it can hold.
- Determine the length that the bridge must be able to cross
- Compare similar bridge types against each other and then the strongest of each type to determine the best bridge design
- Class should already know about the types of bridges and the affect of forces on them
- The lesson plan contains a rubric to use when grading each team's bridge
- Includes two teacher reference videos on asking good questions and creating rubrics
- Makes very little connections to standards