This Building Bridges lesson plan also includes:
Create a bridge from arithmetic to algebra. The useful lesson begins the transition to algebraic approaches to solving problems. An engaging discussion of the problems has pupils use tables, graphs, or equations to find the best methods to determine their answers.
- Stick with linear relationships for younger classes
- After discussing different methods, introduce using variables if individuals are not familiar with them
- To use the handout, learners should be aware of quadratic and exponential equations
- Contains extension suggestions
- Provides teacher reflection questions
- The equations on the handout are above the intended grade level