This Building Height lesson plan also includes:
You don't have to climb to the top of a building to determine its height. Young scholars create a clinometer to measure the height of their school. They use their knowledge of the properties of triangles to determine the height.
4 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have pupils write their measurements on the whiteboard for analysis
- Ask individuals to use their clinometer to measure the heights of buildings around the town
- Familiarity with properties of triangles is important
- Provides diagrams to add clarity to directions
- Includes all necessary handouts and resources