This Business Writing Unit unit also includes:
Pupils gain valuable career readiness skills as they learn to compose professional resumes and formal letters, as well as begin to develop a professional business vocabulary, in this nine-lesson unit.
340 Views 278 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- The resume lessons may work best if conducted in a computer lab or 1:1 classroom setting, so that you can demonstrate how to properly adjust the layout of a word processing document, indent, increase/decrease margins, etc.
- Follow up this unit with lessons on the job search process, interviewing, or professional etiquette and responsibilities
- The unit does not account for those who may feel like they do not have any experience to contribute to a resume. Be sure to highlight the importance of the skills portion, as well as involvement in any school organizations or community service activities
- Well organized progression of activities
- Excellent supporting materials included, such as editing checklist, sample formal letter, and business writing packet