During the Cambrian period, almost every major life form appeared on Earth for the first time. Scientists offer multiple theories about the sudden explosion of life and diversity during this period. The Shape of Life series focuses on the Burgess Shale fossils and the transition of animal complexity during the Cambrian Explosion.
- Discuss the pre-Cambrian period before watching the video
- Permits streaming, downloading, and sharing for educational purposes
- Relies on prior knowledge of evolution, fossils, and geological time scale
- Designed to integrate with Google Classroom
- Links to many related videos for further learning