Can Animals Think? Learners develop their thinking abilities by reading Linden's essay and constructing an evidence-based response. Complete with rubrics and exemplars to evaluate writing, the resource also has suggested pre-, during, and post-reading activities as well as supports for English language learners.
- Embed these two assessment tasks as a pre- and post-assessment to measure growth
- Allow sixth graders to self-grade and compare with provided rubrics and exemplars
- You will need to preview the selection of suggested before, during, and after reading activities to decide which ones you want to use
- Pupils need a copy of of Can Animals Think? by Eugene Linden
- Exemplars make rubrics easy to understand
- Supports English language learners
- Uses a combination of evidence-based strategies to address a variety of learners