This Can the Mettle of Metal Be Improved? lab resource also includes:
How do you make metals stronger? Young scholars explore just that in an interesting lab activity. Through annealing, quelching, and tempering, learners analyze the change in the strength of the metal.
3 Views 0 Downloads
- Have groups use different brands of bobby pins for comparison
- Include a variety of different metals for analysis
- Review laboratory safety precautions for working with bunsen burners
- Provides a handout with a procedure for pupils to follow
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson