This Capture–Recapture lesson plan also includes:
Explore proportions through an interesting hands-on activity. Learners model the population of birds using beans. They tag a sample size of the beans and use a proportion to estimate the actual population size.
3 Views 41 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Hold a contest for the group that is most accurate at guessing the total number of beans during the activity
- Requires a specific set of materials
- Expects previous experience with ratios and proportions
- Connects proportions to a real-life situation
- Includes both an opening and closing exercise