Why Lesson Planet?
If you could pick the color of your car, what would you choose? The lesson asks scholars to tally car colors and analyze the data they collect. They create a bar graph and calculate the measures of central tendancies. As a conclusion, they write a report discussing their findings.
- Create collaborative groups to collect data from different locations in the city; compare the data they collected and offer explanations for discrepancies
- Use a graphic organizer to record new vocabulary and examples
- Requires spreadsheet and word processing software
- Lengthy lesson may be difficult to implement in classes with time constraints
- Uses data collected by pupils to encourage engagement
- Outlines the lesson well with teacher guidance and suggestions
- Worksheet: Car Tally Lab
- Step Sheet: Creating an Excel Spreadsheet with Bar Graph
- Sample: Spreadsheet with Bar Graph
- Template: Spreadsheet with Bar Graph
- Spreadsheet with Bar Graph Rubric
- Handout: Lab Write-Up Requirements
- Step Sheet: Importing Tables and Graphs from Excel