This Career Research and Acrostic Poetry handout & reference also includes:
It's never too early to think about the future! Here is a lesson that sparks the thought, "What do I want to be when I grow up? Scholars begin by researching careers and completing a graphic organizer with their new-found knowledge. Then, learners, use the information they discovered to write an acrostic poem. To conclude the lesson, class members present their poems to their peers.
- Brainstorm additional careers to add to the reference page
- Conduct a gallery walk for peers to easily view career poems after presentations
- Display finished products at Back-to-School Night or Open House
- Schedule time in the computer lab, library, or on mobile learning devices to research career information
- Lesson promotes future planning and career goals
- The plan is written clearly and in detail