This Case Study The Milankovitch Cycles and Their Affect on Climate Change lesson plan also includes:
Are Milankovitch cycles responsible for climate change? The last installment of a four-part module on weather and climate focuses on the cycles for eccentricity, obliquity, and precession of the equinoxes. Scholars investigate how these cycles affect climate and recognize that these cycles alone cannot be responsible for climate change.
- Find an animation on the Internet that illustrates the Milankovitch cycles
- Learners should have prior knowledge of climate change
- It is helpful if pupils are already familiar with basic facts about Earth's tilt and orbit
- Diagrams promote learning and understanding of the Milankovitch cycles
- Provides assessment and quiz questions to use with learners