This Chapter 10 Teacher Guide and Student Log lesson plan also includes:
Intended to be used with the 10th chapter of Francesco D’Adamo’s novel, Iqbal, a novel about child labor. The 42-page packet of intervention materials is designed to improve the reading comprehension of learners with special needs. As part of the lesson, class members learn about The World's Children's Prize for the Rights of the Child and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Laminate the activity cards to permit reuse
- The 21-page packet is the 10th in a series of resources designed as intervention materials for the special education classroom; however, many of the activities are appropriate for all learners
- The approaches used in the series follow the same procedures and routines established in the initial lessons
- The Frayer Model is use for vocabulary study
- The packet includes a vocabulary list for Chapter 10, scripted lessons, templates, worksheets, prediction exercises, and activities