This Chemical Bonds lesson plan also includes:
You know a joke about covalent bonds? Do share! Scholars learn about the similarities and differences in ionic and covalent bonding. They build 3-D models of molecular compounds, applying their knowledge of Lewis dot structures, space-filling models, illustrations, and animations.
- Use egg cartons to sort materials for each group to make distribution easier
- Relies on prior knowledge of valence count, energy levels, periodic table, metals/nonmetals, and Lewis dot diagrams
- Remind students not to eat anything in the science lab, including candy
- Lesson follows a 5E format
- Includes a gallery walk and instruction on how to compliment and critique others' work