This Chronology: Civil Rights in the 20th Century lesson plan also includes:
Test pupils' knowlege of history and the way civil rights movements unfolded using a series of images. With a primary source analysis activity, scholars practice their chronology and deductive reasoning skills. They use their knowledge of events and people to analyze photographs from the civil rights movement to place them in chronological order.
- Create a discussion based on the analysis activities included in the lesson plan
- Use the format of the lesson to create additional activities for other historical events
- Create a free Stanford History Education Group account to use the materials
- Images are gripping and lesser-known visual artifacts of the civil rights era
- Supporting materials are easy to use in the classroom