This Circles with Angles assessment also includes:
Three angles meet at an arc ... have you heard that one before? The resource contains a diagram with a circle and three angles that intersect the circle at the same points. Pupils determine the type of each angle and its measurement, then relate the measure of two angles to the third, central angle.
- Create a graphic organizer that describes the different angles associated with a circle, has an example, and shows how to calculate the measure
- Provide problems that use algebraic expressions as angle or arc measures
- The class should be familiar with the angles associated with a circle
- Provides instructional suggestions that connect the angle measures to measure of angles in quadrilaterals
- Includes links to interactive resources to further investigate the relationships of the angles