This City Council Simulation: Improving Cardinal City’s Environment activity & project also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Assuming the roles of city council members or special interest groups, your young learners will simulate a situation in which they must decide how to spend an $800,000 grant allocated for local environmental improvements. They will discover the roles of city council members and how their decisions directly or indirectly affect local government.
- All instructional materials and activity sheets provided
- Detailed, step-by-step instructional plan
- Excellent opportunity for cross-curricular/interdisciplinary connections
- Resource originally designed for North Carolina, but can be adapted to other states