This Climate Change and Biomes lesson plan also includes:
What can climate do to a tree that weather can't? Climb it! The third installment in the series of four has groups analyze and interpret maps dealing with climate and biomes. Based on their findings of temperature and precipitation changes over time and using predicted temperature and precipitation data, learners create a new biome map for the year 2050.
- Chunk the activity and have pairs/groups complete each portion and then discuss; this ensures all possess the correct knowledge before moving on
- Once everyone creates the biome maps, discuss each group's predictions
- Duration of activity could be one to two class periods
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Analyzing graphs and making predictions involves higher order thinking
- Includes four assessment and two quiz questions near the end of the lesson