This Climates of the World assessment also includes:
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas—especially if you live south of the equator! Through an analysis of ocean currents, learners map four major ecosystem zones and then answer questions that ask them to analyze climate, seasons, and movement of the ocean around the world.
- Model how to label and color the ecosystem zones before allowing learners to begin on their own
- Activity assumes learners can identify seasons based on location of the earth and sun
- Resource expects learners to understand the Coriolis effect
- Includes maps of ocean currents for learner reference
- Contains great extension questions
- This activity covers everything from seasons to climate to ecoregion to ocean currents, so it may be too overwhelming for some learners