Familiarize young mathematicians with the radical concept of square roots using this set of skills practice problems. Building on prior knowledge about combining like terms in algebraic expressions, this learning exercise helps students learn the rules for adding and subtracting radical numbers.
- Use this worksheet as either an in-class or homework assignment during a lesson series on radical expressions
- Differentiate the exercise by assigning students specific problems based on their abilities
- Includes two sets of problems, one for use in-class and one to be assigned as homework
- Provides an explanation with examples of a common misconception about adding and subtracting square roots
- Clear directions are provided for each type of problem included on the worksheet