This Commutative Rectangle—Algebraic Transformations lesson plan also includes:
Transform the commutative property. Pupils perform transformations on a rectangle and record the results. By comparing the results, they develop an understanding of the commutative property to finish the first activity in a series on algebraic transformations.
- Use the rectangle to determine whether the operation is associative
- Individuals should know the definition of the commutative property
- Requires creating a transformational rectangle
- Includes a template to use
- Provides suggestions for assessments