This Compare Fractions with the Same Denominator by Reasoning About Their Size video also includes:
Comparing fractions has never been so easy! The visual models and verbal explanations in the second video of this series clearly demonstrate how to compare two fractions with the same denominator. After working through multiple examples, a word problem is presented that shows young mathematicians how fractions are used in the real world. Following the video, discuss with learners any patterns or shortcuts they may have noticed for comparing fractions with like denominators. A great resource to include in a unit on fractions, either as a supplement for whole class instruction or as an individual learning activity.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Supports learners with a review of the greater than, less than, and equal to symbols
- Describes a common mistake for learners to avoid when comparing fractions
- Instructional video is available in both English and Spanish
- Includes a worksheet with practice problems as an additional resource
- Assumes students have prior knowledge about fractions and how to represent them visually