This Compare Fractions with the Same Numerator by Reasoning about Their Size video also includes:
Comparing fractions can be a struggle for many young mathematicians. Using clear visual models, the first video in this series demonstrates how to compare two fractions with the same numerator. A Guided Practice video provides learners with a chance to demonstrate their understanding by solving an additional word problem. Supplement this resource as part of whole class instruction, or offer it as an independent learning activity during an introductory unit on fractions.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Lesson begins with a review of the greater than, less than, and equal to symbols
- Addresses a common mistake for young learners to avoid when comparing fractions
- Presents a real world context involving the comparison of fractions
- A worksheet with practice problems is included as additional materials
- Assumes learners are familiar with fractions and how to represent them visually