This Comparing DNA lesson plan also includes:
What did one chromosome say to the other? Stop copying me! Learners explore the process of gel electrophoresis as a tool for comparing genes. The context focuses on locating a blight resistant gene. This is the eighth in a 10-part series of lessons.
- If equipment is not available, substitute a YouTube video as a demonstration
- Background knowledge should include an understanding of DNA structure, function, and location
- Lesson builds from the previous lessons in this series and is best used in sequence
- Provides detailed teacher notes to aid in lesson presentation
- Highlights key vocabulary