This Comparing Functions—Exponential assessment also includes:
Observe what happens when individuals change the parameters of a simple exponential function. Pupils use graphing technology to compare exponential functions while changing one parameter. The scholars then make generalizations of the effect of changing the constant term and the base of an exponential function.
- Encourage individuals to explore the effects on a graph by multiplication
- Provide class members with the translation required and have them determine the equation
- The class should be familiar with the general graph of an exponential function
- Includes samples of pupils' work
- Provides suggested questions to gain further information of learners' understanding
- Incorrectly identifies the y-intercept of an exponential function