This Comparing "The (Really) Great Law of Peace" and Chapter 3 of Eagle Song lesson plan also includes:
Fourth graders gain experience comparing multiple versions of a story as they continue reading the book Eagle Song. After first revisiting the article "The (Really) Great Law of Peace" from the previous unit, the class independently reads chapter 3, using sticky notes to identify specific details showing similarities and differences between the two pieces of writing. Learners then work in small groups to take notes on sentence strips as they create large Venn diagrams comparing the two texts. A cross-curricular lesson that supports learners in connecting their prior learning about Iroquois culture with the reading of this novel.
- Clear learning objectives
- Facilitates collaborative learning
- Differentiated to support all learners
- Requires a class set of the book Eagle Song by Joseph Bruchac
- Requires copies of the article "The (Really) Great Law of Peace" from previous unit