This Comparison Shopping: Getting the Most for Your Money lesson plan also includes:
Who isn't interested in shopping for food? Set up two markets in your math class: HalfFoods and DJ's, then send the kids off to compare prices. Occasionally throw a discount into the mix! Through this experience, seventh graders practice using proportional relationships, percent, and ratios.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- A very fun and practical exercise
- Designed to address Common Core State Standards
- Detailed and organized lesson plan gives teacher confidence for implementation
- Worksheets, shopping lists, and price tags for foods included in the document