Engage young learners in expanding their vocabulary with these fun games and activities. Children learn how compound words, root words, and affixes provide clues about the meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary. These six activities get progressively harder, offering opportunities for learners of skill levels to deepen their word analysis skills. Direct adult participation is required for some activities while others allow for collaborative learning, making these best suited for small group rotations across the elementary grade levels.
- Blank game cards are provided for each activity, allowing the teacher to supplement words of their own choosing
- Resource includes all supporting materials required for each learning activity or game
- Each activity comes with clear, step-by-step instructions
- Explicit instruction of word analysis strategies is required prior to introducing students to the activities
- Some preparation is required to print, laminate, and cut out all the supporting materials associated with the learning activities