If only writing a conclusion were as simple as saying The End. Model how to conclude a persuasive essay by summarizing main ideas and making a plea for action with the fifth lesson in this writing series. Consider pausing the video and asking students to create their own conclusions for the sample essay, sharing their ideas and comparing them to the writing in the video. Allow young writers to work in pairs, supporting each other as they improve their writing.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Points out key mistakes to avoid when concluding a piece of writing
- Narrator clearly models the thought process behind writing a conclusion
- Lesson is adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper-elementary grade levels
- Sample conclusion is repetitive, something young writers should try to avoid