This Congruence Activity activity & project also includes:
Finding congruence and proving congruence are two different skills—teach the class both. Here pupils explore how to explain congruence through transformations. They learn that if they can show an isometry transformation, then they can prove congruence. They repeat the activity twice: once without axes on the coordinate plane and another with the axes. This is the sixth installment in a series of seven.
- Use as an independent activity or assign as homework
- Require learners to write a paragraph for each activity explaining the congruence through transformation language
- Pupils should have a deep understanding of the different transformation types
- Makes use of patty paper to encourage scholars to attempt different transformations
- Does not provide direction as to what an explanation should look like