This Connecting Algebraic, Graphic and Numeric Representation lesson plan also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Join to access all included materials
Cooperative learning groups present models that compare and contrast graphic and numeric representations of real-life problems in context. Learners are challenged to create and explain the data in tables and equations within the context of the problems. Graphing calculators are then used to produce tables and graphs from real-life scenarios. The young mathematicians come to the understanding that a table of values is a set of points that make up the graph of the curve.
- A rich, detailed lesson plan filled with student-centered thinking and learning that connects data to life situations
- Great questioning during the discussion to elicit deeper contextual thinking and understanding
- Excellent use of programmable graphing calculator table function to connect real-life situations to algebra equations
- Video link does not open correct video, however the following link does: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o-urnlaJpOA