This Conserving Energy through Grid Modernization activity & project also includes:
- Primary Source
- Join to access all included materials
After learning about the technology of grid modernization, middle schoolers investigate its effectiveness in energy conservation. This is accomplished through a collaborative research assignment, resulting in a written summary and additional questions. What makes this lesson plan stellar is that it provides links to informative websites, quality handouts to guide learners, a research rubric, detailed directions, and more!
- Provides plenty of support for the teacher, including background information, tips, and modifications
- Nicely formatted handouts and rubrics are available
- Addresses science and technology concepts in addition to enhancing research and writing skills
- Meets Common Core State Standards in writing