This skill-building activity encourages learners to evaluate evidence and to use strong evidence to support a stance on a controversial issue. Individuals use bar graphs to rate the strength of arguments for the benefits and risks in becoming a vegetarian and then discuss their ratings with a partner. Sentence frames are provided to assist class members in crafting informed commentary.
- Background information and a summary of key arguments on both sides of the issue are included
- The resource also includes an exercise on English, Spanish, and French cognates
- Consider using the 24 lessons in this series weekly as skill builders
- More information is needed on the health risks and benefits of vegetarianism
- Although the exercises in the series could be used independently, the activities are somewhat sequential and the greatest benefit would come from doing all the lessons in order