This Converse of the Triangle Proportionality Theorem assessment also includes:
They say the proof is in the pudding ... hopefully, in this case, the theorem isn't in there as well! Learners tackle the task of explaining the relationships between segments within a triangle. The assessment is designed to demonstrate their ability to plan a proof and identify the correct theorems and postulates to achieve the result.
- Not sure if they're ready to go it alone? Consider having your class complete this in pairs
- Be time savvy! If pupils are less experienced in proof-writing, ensure you add some "run-over" time into the next lesson, just in case
- Expects prior knowledge of proof-writing, theorems, and postulates
- The resource emphasizes a step-wise approach to proof planning, ensuring students stay organized
- The rubric contains resources to fine tune skills, including remediation and enrichment activities