This Convert Between Units: Using a T-Chart video also includes:
Learning to convert between different units of measurement can be a challenge for many young mathematicians. The final video in this series supports learners with this topic by clearly modeling how T-charts and repeated addition are used to change from one unit to another. It is assumed that children are familiar with common conversion factors for length, so be sure your class has this background knowledge before viewing the video. Include this resource in a math unit on measurement, viewing it during whole-class instruction or assigning it as an independent learning activity.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Supports learners with a review of units and unit conversion
- Includes a variety of examples involving length, money, and rates
- Adaptable to Common Core math standards across the upper elementary grade levels
- Requires additional practice problems to support learners with converting units