This Convert Measurements to Solve Volume Problems video also includes:
The second of five videos on solving word problems involving measurement data conversion focuses on converting a larger unit to a smaller unit in a real-life word problem. A review of milliliters versus liters starts the discussion, followed by a reminder of how to understand remainders. The core lesson clearly deconstructs the steps for solving a word problem.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Word problems are kid-centric; learners will be able to relate to the situations being explored
- The video demonstrates how to write a complete answer, including both the answer and the thought process used to get there
- The review of the difference between liters and milliliters is brief and does not break down the definition of milliliter to assist learners in understanding how it relates to a full liter
- The review portion of understanding a remainder is well done; however, the review poses a problem unrelated to volume to explain remainder, so does not feel appropriate for this particular lesson