This Coping With Stress Research Project lesson plan also includes:
To learn more about the current medical and psychological studies on stress, seventh graders conduct individual or group research and discuss what they found in a series of evaluation questions. They then decide whether they would use what they found out when dealing with stressful situations in the future.
- Add to the list of online resources with other websites, books, magazines, or articles about managing stress and the effects of feeling stressed
- Create an interdisciplinary project between social studies, health, and science to discuss the social and biological effects of stress
- Requires access to the Internet or the school library
- An optional project at the end of a four-lesson series on adolescent stress
- Links to several resources for classroom implementation
- Includes a version of the unit in Spanish