This Count Fractions to Make 1 Whole video also includes:
Understanding how many fractions make one whole is a big step for young mathematicians. In the sixth video of this series, pupils look at visual models as they learn to count up fractions to make a whole. Students then apply this new understanding with the story problem presented in the Guided Practice video. If available, provide learners with fraction manipulatives to reinforce the idea that fractions can be put together to make wholes.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Visual models clearly demonstrate how fractions are put together to make a whole
- Includes real-world contexts for working with fractions
- Video is available as a downloadable slide show
- Examples only include fractions of a shape, not fractions of a set as taught in the fourth and fifth lessons of this series