This Counting Embedded Figures lesson plan also includes:
Triangles within triangles within triangles—sounds simple, right? Groups investigate given shapes and count the number of embedded figures. They create algebraic expressions to represent any patterns they discover.
3 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Resource suggests grouping learners with different learning styles
- Pupils should have experience writing algebraic expressions to model situations
- Scholars may need scissors if cutting out shapes from the given templates
- Includes a separate worksheet for each of four activities
- Provides some assessment options and extension activities