As part of their study of the Middle Ages and heraldry, individuals design their own coats of arms complete with personal and/or family symbols.
1 Collection 41 Views 38 Downloads
- Include the activity as part of a study of heraldry during the Middle Ages
- Have individuals research their histories to see if a coat of arms already exists for their families
- Individuals might also create a coat of arms for a historical figure or a character in a favorite story
- Post the coats of arms about the room and have class members guess to whom they belong
- Consider collecting images of various forms to serve as models for those unfamiliar with the concept
- Complete directions and a template for the shield are included