Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
As part of their study of the Middle Ages and heraldry, individuals design their own coats of arms complete with personal and/or family symbols.
36 Views 29 Downloads
- Include the activity as part of a study of heraldry during the Middle Ages
- Have individuals research their histories to see if a coat of arms already exists for their families
- Individuals might also create a coat of arms for a historical figure or a character in a favorite story
- Post the coats of arms about the room and have class members guess to whom they belong
- Consider collecting images of various forms to serve as models for those unfamiliar with the concept
- Complete directions and a template for the shield are included