This Creating a Payroll Spreadsheet lesson plan also includes:
Automation—the easier way to determine net pay. Individuals create a spreadsheet that will calculate a person's net pay, including formulas to account for taxes. Pupils devise the calculations of gross pay based upon hourly pay, hours worked, and overtime.
- Brainstorm a deduction that should be included within the spreadsheet
- Require students to write out the formulas used for calculation using algebraic expressions
- Search the Internet to find examples of payroll spreadsheets
- Includes an example of a spreadsheet
- Contains links to general teacher strategies for differentiating the lesson
- Not all the links to sample Internet spreadsheets work