This Cube Hotel lesson plan also includes:
Totally cube-ular! Cubes are the inspiration for an Australian hotel's interior design. Learners brainstorm items that can be cube-shaped and provide design mock-ups. They soon realize that simple drawings are not enough and add dimensions to their sketches, forcing them to calculate the surface area and volume of the objects—proving that math can make designs attractive!
- Have individuals create a list of perfect squares and perfect cubes as well as the cube roots
- Provide pupils with tools such as graph paper, calculators, and manipulatives to use while they analyze the problem
- Expects an understanding of perfect cubes
- Emphasizes mathematical vocabulary throughout the lesson
- Provides examples of common mistakes to aid in preparation