This Culturally Relevant Literature for English Language Learners handouts & reference also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Graphic Organizer
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
No matter the culture, reading has the potential to unite. A workshop for teachers helps educators find culturally relevant literature to bring into their classrooms. Although designed for those who instruct English language learners, all educators who focus on literacy can benefit from the resources.
- Using paragraphs or short stories, try a different literature circle activity each day
- Review literature lists to develop your own wish list for a culturally relevant library
- Largely designed for teachers to use and respond to, not to give directly to students
- Asks reflective questions to get teachers to think more deeply about the strategies they use in the classroom
- Great exercise to introduce other cultures and discuss respecting differences
- Typos found in some of the paragraphs, such as "In English my names means hope."
- Lacks a table of contents or other features to help with organization