This Curb Appeal activity & project also includes:
Make your driveway look pretty and learn about math, too. A short task has pupils determine the dimensions of flower planters for a driveway. The planters must in the shape of a right triangle and satisfy conditions on area and perimeter. The use of the Pythagorean Theorem seems highly likely.
- Collaborate with a technology teacher to have scholars actually create the flower planters
- Learners must be familiar with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Knowledge of the perimeter and area of triangles is a must
- Allows for several possible solutions
- Includes a student worksheet