For your next current events assignment, make sure pupils go beyond summarizing and ask the right questions for a proper analysis. With this guide, learners consider the context for the current event, the author's potential bias, and how to cite information in the text to support personal conclusions.
- For the article citation portion of the document, have learners include a formal citation in a chosen style (MLA, Chicago Manual, etc.) for additional practice with this skill
- As an extension to this traditional assignment, consider having learners search for current events that relate to a particular theme or historical event you are currently studying in a history or language arts class
- You may want to consider re-formatting the document for a cleaner presentation
- Rather than printing several copies of the document, try including the document on a shared platform like Google Drive, and having students submit their work digitally
- Document can be downloaded and edited
- Great set of analysis questions