What happens when Einstein admits he made a mistake, but later we think he might have been right all along? The video explains this scenario and how it relates to the expansion of the universe. Dark energy is still a largely mysterious force, thought to make up more than 70 percent of the energy in the universe. The video discusses how it was theorized, how it is being explained, and if we might ever know the truth.
- Find updated research on dark energy starting here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/dark-energy-gravitational-waves-albert-einstein-university-of-edinburgh-milky-way-a7574056.html
- Discuss the connections with quantum gravity
- Be aware some comments attempt to glorify illegal substance use and should not be displayed in the classroom
- Includes closed captioning in English and German
- Connects the importance of both science and math