This Definition and Domain of a Rational Expression video also includes:
If a rational expression is composed of polynomial expressions, then why isn't the domain all real numbers? A concept video demonstrates the definition of a rational expression and the domain of a rational expression. Four problem videos cover examples simplifying a rational expression and determining its domain.
- Use the video to introduce rational expressions
- Video uses symbolic notation for the set of real numbers; be sure learners can recognize the notation
- Video assumes individuals have a good grasp of factoring techniques
- Examples include denominators with both linear and quadratic expressions
- Process is shown in a step-by-step fashion
- The videos do not make use of the term undefined, which is generally used in these cases