This Density lesson plan also includes:
Don't be mass divided by volume, learn how to solve it. Teachers give scholars two mystery liquids, and they must determine their mass and volume. Then, they combine class information to plot points and determine a line of best fit. Finally, young mathematicians determine a slope, thereby giving density so they can identify liquids. Lesson is the third in a series of seven.
- Team teach this with chemistry and algebra instructors
- Requires prior knowledge of finding a line of best fit and finding the slope of a line
- Know the correct answer for each group, so if their calculation is off, you can catch it before combining it with class data
- Lesson is the third in a series of seven
- Provides worksheets in both PDF and doc formats
- Breaks down the experiment into sections for the teacher to verify before moving on to the next part