This Describe the Domain assessment also includes:
Determine numerical representations for cupcakes and time. Given two scenarios, pupils determine a reasonable domain for numbers of cupcakes and time to run a race. The scholars develop a description of the domain including lower and upper limits along with the type of numbers that make sense within the scenario.
- Ask learners to use set notation to describe the domain
- Provide opportunities for class members to describe a general set of numbers
- The class should know the difference between domain and range
- Contains examples of class members' work
- Provides suggestions for follow-up instruction