This Describe the Spread of Data by Finding Range, Interquartile Range, and Mean Absolute Deviation video also includes:
Start with a good understanding of the box and whisker plot before completing this activity. The resource focus is on the three measures of spread: range, interquartile range, and mean absolute deviation. A new concept in elementary school, the mean absolute deviation is presented in a way that is easy to understand. Explain to your number crunchers that we use this number to help us determine if the mean is useful.
- Even high school statistic students will benefit from watching the video.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- A guided practice and a quick check for understanding is included in the resource
- Describes how to find and use the mean absolute deviation
- The third in a series of three videos that show learners how to summarize numerical data sets in relation to their context