This Design Challenge: The Ideal Meal lesson plan also includes:
Help pupils see that food choices have a significant impact on the environment. As learners participate in the activity, they discover this connection. Throughout the activity, groups must make food choices based on different factors. These choices help individuals understand the link between food choice, health, and the environment.
- Create a bulletin board of the guidelines about good nutrition
- Have individuals journal about the results of the meal challenge and focus on the complexities of designing the perfect meal
- Requires significant setup prior to the activity
- Uses a game-style approach to teaching the concepts
- Provides suggestions for opening and closing exercises
- Links to PDF within the lesson do not work (you must access these documents in the resources section)